I know you're probably thinking Oh no she didn't , I dont lie to myself . I would never or have ever done that. I love me....
Girlfriend, That too is a lie.....We have walked through life allowing our situations and circumstances to define our reality instead of being the creators of who we are and what we want. We have let relationships, both past and present dictate how we feel and when we feel.
My heart , my refined and clearly defined passion is to provoke you into a place of shift in your mind and heart so that you can,press into your next , your best your I am good enough. Your place of being Brave!
Women often go through life half way happy never fully admitting that everything and every relationship that we have is not picture perfect as it seems in pictures and on facebook. (God forbid)
1. Lie: I love the way this dress looks on me .
1. Truth: I love the way this dress looks on me after I ask my partner, husband and friend twice. After 3 dress changes followed by a standoff in the mirror for 1 hr ....and don't forget we need the 4 people at the event say it looks nice as well.
Its 2016 and we are still waiting for others opinions to validate how we feel about ourselves. This clearly has to stop . You have to begin my rediscovering you and falling in love with yourself for the 1st time or all over again.
2. Lie: Business is fantastic.
2. Truth: Starting and running a business is tough....An unsteady paycheck has me stressed out but Im pushing. Sometimes I want to throw in the towel but one day (hands up in the air) I will look back and say I remember when
3. Lie: I woke up like this ....
3. Truth: I woke up , washed my face , drank coffee and patted some petroleum jelly on my lips before taking 50 selfies and choosing one that was Insta fab, facebook certified, retweet worthy that is qualified to add the hastag #Iwokeuplikethis to.
4. Lie: I dont mind hanging by myself. I'm doing me
4. Truth: What? Wait? Who? I can be okay with some alone time with myself. We all need that - for thought and for discovery, but and I say this with my pointer finger raised , eyes squenched - we do not need to be alone all the time.
I want to build relationships with other women . I want REAL friends. I want a group that I can relate to, celebrate special occassions with and call on when I need time away from my partner, husband and kids .....I want to break the ice and strike up quality conversation with other powerful women . #Help
5. Lie: I don't care if they talk about me. There just haters.......
5. Truth: This right here......I would always say that but the truth is that I care . It bothers me when people say things that are not true and even worse when they gossip about things that are true.
Things or situations that clearly have nothing to do with them. They were no where around during the experience but they try to give accounts like they were a first responder on the scene......After I give folks my blank stare...I give it to myself and I say ..(after a little prayer) now Khalilah be good, don't cuss anyone out just respond with your success.
I've learned (at times the hardway) and am still learning to let it provoke me to WERK....
How do you react to these scenarios?
Are you the exception to the rules or are you like me ...Brave enough to say that you feel, you are and can be but are still working on your better .
Read Be Brave
Honestly , sometimes the talk, the gossip.. hurts, it drives me up the wall and I reshift my focus by listening to throwback songs that make me feel good over a plate of wings and a side of butter pecan ice cream before I get myself up, prepared to seize the day in a pair of Oh snap pumps because the fight in me demands that I slay......